Check out some of our appetizers, salads, soups and entrees to fit all palates and budgets! Just a tiny sample of what we can do! Don't see your favorite here? Just ask us and we'll make it for you! We also offer a children's menu and work with special dietary requests.
- Shrimp or Crab Crostini: When you start a recipe with shrimp or crab, garlic, cheese and butter you know it has to be good. I place this yumminess atop toasted baguette slices and it's a little slice of heaven. Best of all there's not a single calorie or gram of fat! If you believe that I have some swamp land in Florida you may be interested in!
- Filet Mignon Crostini: Perfectly seasoned and grilled tenderloin of beef placed atop toasted baguette slices on a bed of horseradish and blue cheese sauce. So good I wanted to be invited to the event so I can eat them!
- Smoked Salmon Bites: I catch my salmon fresh fishing the cool waters off Nova Scotia and then slow smoke it in a local nearby village by the waters edge! That's not true but it sounded good didn't it? Actually, I buy really good local fresh smoked salmon and top it upon a cucumber wheel or cracker with a dill, lemon, horseradish and creamed cheese spread. Your guests are going to love this elegant yet simple appetizer despite the fact that I didn't catch the salmon!
- Crab Rangoon: Perfect appetizer for any event that's sure to impress your guests! I use crab, cream cheese, green onion and spices and place in a wonton wrapper and cook till golden brown. Served with sweet dipping sauce.
- Toasted Ravioli: I take ravioli stuffed with ricotta cheese and cover with Italian style and panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese and bake till golden brown and serve with a sweet marinara for dipping. Watch out Chef Boy Ardee!
- Jim's Mini Crab Cakes: My Dad used to catch blue claw crabs down the Jersey Shore and make the best crab cakes and he gave me the recipe! I take jumbo lump and claw meat and season with a mix of spices and breadcrumbs and then broil to perfection. Served with a remoulade for dipping.
- Jalapeno Poppers: Much better than the typical fried bar food version. Ours are made with fresh jalapenos stuffed with mixture of cream, jack and cheddar cheeses, green onion and topped with bacon then baked. They're addictive, slightly spicy and sure to be the hit of your event! I also make a version without the bacon.
- Spinach & Artichoke Flat bread: I make the best spinach and artichoke dip but it's very hard to eat at parties with one big bowl in the middle of the room so I decided to put it on top of flat bread, add some extra cheese, bake till crispy and slice. It's the perfect on the go appetizer and even better is the fact that no one can double dip their chip! Stole that line from an episode of "Seinfeld!"
- Roasted Garlic & Goat Cheese Crostini: On a recent food trip to wine country, I came across my new favorite appetizer. It was slow roasted garlic spread on a toasty baguette and topped with goat cheese, roasted red pepper and fresh basil. So good I stole the idea and it's sure to be a hit at your event!
- Greek Salad Bites: Simple. Refreshing. Scrumptious. I take cucumber, feta, grape tomatoes and kalamata olives then drizzle with Greek vinaigrette and place on toothpick for easy goodness on the go. Your guests will break plates and yell OPA!
- Olive Bread: I recently attended a culinary trade show in NY and one appetizer I tasted stood out. It was a French baguette topped with black and green olives, lots of cheese and some other stuff that the chef made me promise I would keep a secret. It was sliced into squares like garlic bread and man was it good! So I tried it for family and friends and they loved it so I hope you and your guests will love it to!
- Wings: Don't be chicken! Order your wings any way you like them. Traditional Buffalo style, spicy, sweet, tangy BBQ or a combination. Served with blue cheese or ranch dressing, carrots and celery.
- Mini Caprese Sandwiches: Awesome appetizer that's sure to impress your guests! Fresh mozzarella cheese and basil with thin sliced roma tomatoes stuffed in a crusty baguette and topped with an extra virgin olive oil, garlic an basil aioli. Molto Bene!
- Chicken Spiedini: Think chicken fingers for adults! I marinate chicken in garlic, lemon, olive oil and spices and then coat with Italian and panko breadcrumbs, parmigiana reggiano cheese, broil till golden brown and then drizzle with a balsamic, Dijon and honey mustard. Your guests will do the “chicken dance” when they eat my spiedini!
- Shrimp Cocktail: Simple yet classic and delicious served with homemade cocktail sauce with horseradish, lemon and Worcestershire.
- Spanakopita: Perfect on the go appetizer for any occasion. Delicate phyllo dough stuffed with spinach and feta. "Nostimos" means delicious in Greek. (see more Greek specialties below).
- Cheese and Italian meat platter: Another simple classic appetizer but I bet your guests will love our selection of imported cheeses wrapped with prosciutto, salami and pepperoni served with assorted crackers. Elegant yet economical!
- Cheese Tortellini Cups: Very unique appetizer! Cheese tortellini (or pasta of your choice) with tomatoes, black and green olives, roasted peppers, shallot, garlic, fresh peas in a light vinaigrette and served in a cup for easy eating on the go.
- Fresh Fruit Cups: Your guests will love refreshing seasonal fruits like strawberries, pineapple, grapes and berries served in a cup for easy on the go yumminess!
- Pigs in a Blanket: No frozen weenies here! We make ours fresh with lil' smokies and pastry dough. Can also do "Chicks" in a blanket made with chicken sausage. Served with Dijon mustard for dipping.
- Mini Quiche: I use fresh eggs from cage free chickens on my farm in the country....wait I live in Vegas so that's not true but it sounded good didn't it? But trust me these mini quiche bites will be the hit of your party! I make two varieties. One with veggies like spinach, broccoli, peppers and the other with sausage and bacon. Choose both or customize your own mini quiche with anything you want and I'll make it with eggs that were treated very nicely!
- Swedish Meatballs: One of our most popular appetizers and you don't have to go to IKEA to get them! Tiny tasty meatballs served in a savory gravy. "Valsmakende" means tasty in Swedish!
- Shrimp Scampi: Lots of garlic, shallot, wine, lemon, butter, more garlic and love! My signature dish!
- Crab, Veggie or regular stuffed Mushrooms: Our #1 best seller! Giant caps are filled with Italian sausage, onions, peppers, breadcrumb stuffing and then topped with cheese and broiled till bubbling perfection! I also do a veggie version with spinach, garlic and artichoke and another stuffed with crab that people rave about!
- Bruschetta: Fresh roma tomatoes, garlic, extra virgin olive oil & fresh basil atop toasted baguette slices. So simple but so good!
- Bacon Wrapped Scallops: This is one of the most popular choices for appetizers and for good reason! I use jumbo scallops and wrap them in sweet smoked bacon and broil till crispy. Can also make them with shrimp. Everything is better with bacon!
- Skewerless Grilled Chicken, Steak or Shrimp Skewers: Who wants to bother with those sharp skewers when you take the stuff off the skewer anyway? I grill tri-colored peppers, sweet onions and chicken, steak or shrimp to perfection and prepare anyway you like: naturally seasoned, sweet teriyaki with pineapple, tangy BBQ, Jamaican jerk, spicy hot or Buffalo styles. So good and much safer than food on a pointy stick after a few cocktails!
- Caprese: Fresh mozzarella and basil, ripe roma tomatoes, drizzled with a balsamic reduction and extra virgin olive oil. Simple, fresh and delicious! Served in a cup, on a tray or bowl.
- Antipasto Salad: Italian style meats, provolone, pepperoncini, olives, roasted peppers with garlic vinaigrette. I can also make this with cork screw or bowtie pasta instead of lettuce as a great side dish.
- Caesar Salad: Crisp romaine, garlic, anchovy, parmesan, and a secret ingredient that sets mine apart from the rest!
- Chopped Salad: A little bit of everything including two types of lettuce, peppers, salami, cheese, egg and tossed in a balsamic vinaigrette.
- Greek Salad: Cucumbers, feta, tomatoes, olives, red onion, roasted peppers tossed in a lite red wine dressing. I also make a version with orzo pasta. OPA!
- BLT Salad: Crisp Romaine, bacon, tomato, egg, avocado tossed in a creamy blue cheese dressing.
ENTREES: (Buffet service, drop-off or plated)
- Pasta Bar: Think of the endless PASTA-bilities! Wow that was really bad writing and lucky for you I'm a better chef than a writer! We did this recently for a wedding and it was huge hit. First pick your pasta(s) like penne, bowtie, fettuccine, fusilli, rigatoni and then a sauce(s) like alfredo, puttanesca, marinara, Bolognese, seafood with shrimp, crab and scallops. Easy, economical and oh so good!
- Chicken Paisano: Yo cuz! If you like chicken, Italian sausage, peppers, onions and mushrooms cooked in an all day Sunday gravy like Mom used to make then fugetaboutit cause this dish is for anybody who has a relative from the East Coast. Badabing it's good!
- Chicken Stir Fry: I made this Asian inspired dish one night for some family and friends and now I can't attend a function unless I bring this with me. Most of the time I bring it and then they tell me to leave! I take tender chicken with onions, peppers, mushrooms, pea pods, carrots, garlic, ginger all in a delicate sauce. I serve it with home made fried rice and it is Winner, Winner chicken dinner!
- Grilled Skirt Steak: This cut of meat is big on flavor but easy on the budget and I season and grill mine to perfection! Goes great with mushrooms and onions on the side.
- Greek Specialties: Juicy gyro meat, chicken souvlaki, dolmades, pastitsio, moussaka, hummus, tzatziki. Hey it's all Greek to me but it is tasty! OPA!
- Beef Brisket: The key to tender juicy brisket is a good dry rub and to smoke the meat for about 12-15 hours for a nice bark. It's a labor of love and man is it worth the wait!
- Baby back ribs: I'd put my ribs against any of the pros! My baby backs are slow cooked till they fall of the bone and are smoky, sweet, succulent and smothered in home made sauce!
- Chicken Piccata: Shallot, capers, chicken stock, lemon and white wine make this dish one of our most requested! I also do a version of this dish using tilapia or salmon for some fish options for your guests.
- Fish Bruschetta: Select a fish like tilapia, mahi mahi or Nemo (Kidding no Nemo!) I saute fish with garlic, shallot, capers, fresh tomatoes, basil, olive oil and top with a hint of parmesan and bread crumbs and then finish in the oven. Perfect choice for large parties who want a variety for their guests.
- Chicken Angelo: Artichokes, mushrooms, garlic, capers, white wine and tender chicken. This is one of my personal favorites!
- Mexican Lasagna: Feed a small army with my wife's favorite! Layers of corn tortillas, seasoned ground beef, onion, corn, roasted chili peppers, tomatoes, black beans and lots of cheese. Delicioso! I also make a version with elbow macaroni that is amazing.
- Chicken Francese: Chicken breasts are pounded thin and sauteed in egg batter then topped with a delicate lemon butter sauce.
- Chicken Cacciatore: My daughter Gracie's favorite! Tender chicken with tri-colored peppers, sweet onions, basil and garlic in a rich marinara simmered for hours. Serve over pasta and feed a small army and my daughter!
- Lasagna: My Mom's recipe. I use Italian sausage and ground beef, home-made sauce that I simmer for hours and lots of bubbly, gooey cheese! I can also do a veggie version!
- Aunt Jane's Baked Ziti: What chef from Jersey wouldn't have this on the menu. As a kid, Sundays always meant some form of macaroni and my favorite was always my Aunt Jane's baked ziti made with a homemade sauce that cooked all day, ricotta and lots of gooey mozzarella cheese. She would always say eat, eat, manga!
- Chicken Marsala: Golden brown chicken swimming in a marsala wine mushroom sauce. Mmmmmm!
- Penne Arribiata: Penne pasta with marinara, parmesan cheese, a touch of cream and hot red pepper. This dish has a little kick!
- Italian Wedding Soup: This soup is supposed to bring good luck to newly married couples! Rich chicken stock with orzo, spinach, carrot, onion, egg and tiny tasty meatballs. I'd divorce my wife and re-marry her for a bowl of this soup! I also make the best minestrone, chicken tortilla and chicken noodle soups that will ever cross your lips. Great soups are my passion!
- Sausage & Peppers Tony Soprano would eat mine over Artie Buco's any day of the week! I use a combo of sweet and/or spicy sausage. A great option in which you can make sandwiches or serve over pasta to feed a large crowd!
- Home-Made Meatballs: My sister in law Linda gave me the secret recipe to the best meatballs that are tender, tasty and juicy! I also make healthy turkey versions or BBQ and Swedish style meatballs as well. You wont get whacked with this entree!
- Glazed Salmon: Touch of honey, miso, ginger and sweet teriyaki make this a very popular selection!
- Pulled Pork: Seasoned with garlic, onion, brown sugar, cracked pepper, apple cider and honey. Served with Hawaiian sweet rolls and tangy bbq sauce for slider sandwiches!
- Rajun Cajun Specialties: Po' Boys, Gumbo, Etouffee, Bayou Shrimp, Jambalaya, Red Beans & Rice. Oooooweeeee, I guarantee!
Other selections and favorites:
- Chicken any way you want it! Parmesan, Tetrazzini, Murphy, Saltimbocca or KFC! Kidding no KFC!
- Specialized pizzas (White, BBQ chicken, Veggie)
- Garlic, garlic, garlic bread. No vampire will ever kiss you again!
- Chili Bar! Ok I bet I'm the only chef who puts chili on their menu for special events but I make a mean chili! Blow your guests away with a chili bar with all the fixins including fritos, onions, sour cream, elbow macaroni, cayenne and cheese! I can also do a turkey or chicken version.
- Southern fried chicken or chicken tenders
- Chicken Noodle Matzo Ball Soup. (Check out video on Youtube)
- Slider burgers and fresh-cut fries
- Mac and cheese and cheese and cheese and cheese!
- Scalloped potatoes. Home-made, no box with a touch of cream and bubbly cheese!
- Quiche: Yes real men eat quiche and I make a mean quiche! Loaded with fresh veggies, cheese and even sausage and bacon if you want so you won't be a girlie man with my quiche!
- Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, grits, cowboy potatoes, pancakes, french toast and a bloody mary that will cure all hangovers!
- Bagels, lox, smear, smoked fish platter with all the fixins. OY!
- Breakfast sandwiches served on bread of choice with taylor ham, bacon or sausage. (Low fat meats and egg beaters available)
- Grilled veggies, creamed or sauteed spinach, roasted asparagus with shallot and garlic, pasta salad, rice pilaf, green beans almondine, Mexican grilled corn, glazed carrots, garlic roasted potatoes, whipped potatoes, pasta specialties, baked beans with bacon and brown sugar and many others.
Please note that we do not purchase alcohol. We can recommend a bartender at your request - please see the "Links to other services" page for more information.
Per Person Guarantee:
Final head count is due 2 weeks before your event. If the final head count is LESS than or MORE than the original head count by 10 people, additional charges may apply.